26 Jul A century ago, epidemiology was a population science that focused on infectious diseases and outbreaks. Pioneered by passionate researchers like John Snow and Florence Nightingale, epidemiologic methods were used to curb the spread of debilitating disease
A century ago, epidemiology was a population science that focused on infectious diseases and outbreaks. Pioneered by passionate researchers like John Snow and Florence Nightingale, epidemiologic methods were used to curb the spread of debilitating diseases like cholera and the Spanish Flu. Today epidemiology relates to more than just acute outbreaks of illness; it addresses many chronic population health problems that nurses and other healthcare professionals deal with every day, such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
For this assignment, you explore the development and evolution of epidemiology and population health, as well as nurses’ roles in advancing care at the population level.
- Explore important developments in the history of epidemiology and population health. Consider how current practices differ from those at the genesis of the field.
- Reflect on the role of nurses in promoting population health in the light of the Learning Resources you reviewed this week.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a 300- to 400-word blog post addressing the following:
- How has the practice and scope of population health changed? Include in your explanation the role of epidemiology in promoting the health of populations.
- What role did nurses play at the advent of these concepts in the 1800s and early 1900s? Be sure to differentiate between individual and population-based care.
- How can nurses play an effective role in advancing population health today? Discuss two ways you can make a difference at the population level.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.