10 Jun American History
Roosevelt called his program to reform the nation's economy during the Great Depression the New Deal. Not only did it bring about major reforms, and introduce tougher regulation of big business, it also set a precedent for greatly expanded federal government involvement in the economy and society. Some of the programs that were initiated had a lasting impact while others were struck down by the Supreme Court. Just as the depression impacted people differently, so did the reforms that were passed during the New Deal.
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapters 23, 24, and 25.
- Transcript of Roosevelt's 1936 radio address discussing the New Deal
- Utilize at least one of the linked sources provided in this assignment to support your discussion.
- Identify and incorporate at least one additional outside source to support your discussion. In addition to the textbook, you may use any material outside of the textbook that is recommended in the Additional Reading section at the end of each chapter. You are also encouraged to do your own research and identify relevant sources. Please keep in mind that WIKIPEDIA is not an acceptable reference.
- Debating the Past- Where Historians Disagree: Causes of the Great Depression
- WPA: The African-American Mosaic www.loc.gov/exhibits/african/afam012.html
- The New Deal for African Americans http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/afam/reflector/historicald.html
- The New Deal and the Negro: A look at Facts
- Will the New Deal be a Square Deal for the Negro?
- New Deal Network
- Great Myths of the Great Depression
- Women and the Great Depression
- Eyewitness to History: The Great Depression
- Library of Congress: Race Relations in the 1930s and 1940s
- Utah's Paiute Indians during the Great Depression
- John Collier-Native Americans and the Great Depression
- Onda Latina: Mexican Americans During the Great Depression-audio program
- Digital History: Mexican Repatriation during the Great Depression
Analyze and discuss how women, blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans, were impacted by the Depression and New Deal. As part of your analysis and discussion, you must address the long-term legacies of the New Deal and major historical assessments that have been made of it, and if you agree or disagree with these assessments.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.