15 Nov Assignment: Practice problem of concern 4 Assignment: Practice problem of concern 4 (Or it can be a different topic, but needs to be approved first) During th
Assignment: Practice problem of concern 4
Assignment: Practice problem of concern 4
(Or it can be a different topic, but needs to be approved first)
During this lesson, you will use the PICOT questioning format/formula to develop an answerable research question. All elements are listed below:
· P: Population/disease (age, gender, ethnicity, disorder)
· I: Intervention or variable of interest (exposure to a disease, risk behavior, prognostic factor)
· C: Comparison (a placebo or “business as usual” such as no disease, absence of risk factor, or prognostic factor B)
· O: Outcome (risk of disease, accuracy of a diagnosis, rate of occurrence of adverse outcome)
· T: Time (the time it takes to demonstrate an outcome; e.g., the time it takes for the intervention to achieve an outcome or how long participants are observed)
prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) presentation on a topic of your choice that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education, leadership, quality improvement, or change
Your presentation should include:
1. Identification of an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern
2. Design a research question using the PICOT format
3. A brief literature review and findings related to best practices with at least three scholarly resources cited in APA (6th ed.) format
4. Plan, Do, Study, Act Process that could be used
5. Any implications that the investigation might have for nursing practice
The presentation includes an appropriate topic identification related to an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern. The topic is clearly stated in the introduction, developed and explained well through the literature review, and there is an appropriate conclusion statement.
PICOT Question Design
Population is fully defined and present in the research question. Includes specific interventions, identifies comparisons, and presents appropriate outcomes in a timely manner for the question. Overall, a well-built question using the PICOT method.
Includes a brief overview of the literature in the presentation and includes relevant details.
Presentation includes a description of the study, study design, rationale, and inclusion of sampling information that the student is using.
Implications to Nursing
The significance and applicability to nursing is included and well presented.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.