30 Aug Cultural influences, cultural competence, and social-emotional needs of ELLs in teaching and learning Intentional strategies for
Part of an asset-based approach to working with ELLs is recognizing the cultural and linguistic resources they possess. The asset-based approach contrasts with the deficit-based model that once dominated how many viewed second language learners. Schools and educators can help close the inequity gap faced by our diverse student population by exhibiting asset-based behaviors and expectations, focusing on viewing cultural and linguistic differences as assets and not deficits.
Imagine you have been asked to plan a schoolwide event leveraging home and school connections for ELL families. In 150-250 words, create a proposal of the event to submit to your school principal that addresses the following:
Part 1: Schoolwide Event Proposal
- Title, description, and rationale of the event
- Agenda, including time frames and activities
- Equipment and supplies
Part 2: Cultural Connections
In addition to the proposal, write 500-750 words justifying how the event supports each of the following:
- Cultural influences, cultural competence, and social-emotional needs of ELLs in teaching and learning
- Intentional strategies for family and community engagement that support and highlight the assets of home language, communication, family involvement, and culture to build family, community, and school partnerships
- Inclusive school and classroom environment taking into consideration language acquisition and key environmental factors such as family, community practices, and the role of culture in student learning
- The role that family and community practices have in influencing language learning
- Alignment to asset-based behaviors and expectations
Support your proposal with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.