29 Jul Does ageism in society affect perceptions of worthiness? As science develops new means to save and extend lives, what does it
Caring for aged parents can take each generation by surprise, and the ability to adopt the role of caregiver is greatly affected by numerous variables, especially when society contains few or disparate supports for older adults. Does ageism in society affect perceptions of worthiness? As science develops new means to save and extend lives, what does it mean to die with dignity? And how does socioeconomic status affect the ability for citizens to receive dignified—or any—end-of-life support? Social workers play an integral role in the social well-being of older adults, and in interpreting the policies that affect them.
This week, your Discussion focuses on a case study featuring issues related to older adults. As you did previously, you choose a perspective from which to view and discuss the case. This allows you to bring in contemporary and current viewpoints, as well as to engage with the many considerations, pressures, or issues related to any policy.
- Review the case study found in the Learning Resources.
- Adopt one of the following perspectives through which to view and discuss the case:
- Economic disparity
- Research Walden Library or other sources similar to those presented in the Learning Resources to support the perspective you adopt for this Discussion.
- Refer to the Social Welfare Policy: Search Tips site listed in the Learning Resources for tips on finding additional information.
Post a response to the following:
- Identify one policy or program that would be relevant to the circumstances in the case study.
- Explain how the perspective you chose (e.g., ageism, geography, economic disparity) informs:
- The perceived need for the policy.
- The ability to implement the policy both generally and specifically for the client in the case study.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.