04 Nov Explain 2-3 benefits of having a hybrid network.Describe the role of Active Directory in accessing information.Explain how re
Since networks are not homogeneous, cybersecurity professionals must be skilled in creating a hybrid network, joining computers to the domain, and developing security policies in the network to maintain access control.
Note: Complete the "Virtual Cybersecurity Infrastructure Lab" first before beginning this assignment.
- View "Access Control via Active Directory Lab – Parts 1-3" within the Video Playlist: Technology Implementation of Security Solutions, located in Class Resources.
- Set static IP addresses on the three new VMs: Windows Server 2019 (192.168.1.10) Windows 10 (192.168.1.11) and Ubuntu (192.168.1.12)
- Configure the following in the Windows Server 2019: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory. DHCP should be set up with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Create a domain name. (Example: sample.com)
- Join the Windows 10 and Ubuntu virtual machines to the domain.
- Using Active Directory, create login policies in Server 2019 for users.
- Log in three times as a user, including one failed login.
- Generate login logs to report the number of successful and failed logins.
- Provide screenshots of the network domain name, the range of IP addresses in the DHCP server, policies that were created in the Active Directory, and the login logs.
Write a 500- to 700-word lab report (to include all screenshots from Part 1) addressing the following:
- Summarize the issues encountered, lessons learned, and successes in a bullet point format.
- Describe the screenshots provided.
- Explain 2-3 benefits of having a hybrid network.
- Describe the role of Active Directory in accessing information.
- Explain how reviewing the security logs could be helpful in a security operations center (SOC).
Make sure to support the report with at least 2 credible resources other than the textbook.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.