03 Aug how to Brief an Executive: A podcast from the Communications Guys. How to Write a Formal Business Report (With Examples):
Week 4 Assignment – Health Care Human Resources Management
Company mergers are very busy and challenging times for corporate leadership. The role that HR plays during a merger is often complex and far reaching. In this assignment, you write an executive brief that considers aspects of how an HR department might prioritize and operate to support the union of two companies.
How to Brief an Executive
There is no single correct way to brief an executive or other stakeholder. The final deliverable is your choice, but effective briefs have common elements; they should be clear, concise, relevant, well-structured, and provide decision-making information. Here are a couple of resources you may use to get started:
- How to Brief an Executive: A podcast from the Communications Guys.
- How to Write a Formal Business Report (With Examples): Hints from Indeed.
Imagine that Anchor Hospital, a 250-bed medical center, is merging with the similar-sized Saint Mary’s Hospital to better serve the needs of their metropolitan community. An administrative board has been formed to guide all aspects of the merger. They have asked all departments to submit an executive brief that states their roles, intended model of operations, and initial steps to build interdepartmental relationships.
The board’s primary concern for HR is how it will manage the merging of the workforces into a single, cohesive, and effective team. They want to understand HR's primary role, guiding principles, and application of current practice. Specifically, they want your vision for the following:
- A merger-related current best practice or trend that is being successfully employed by HR departments.
- HR’s primary role in assimilating the workforces for the two hospitals.
- The HR management model to be followed.
- How to foster relationships between HR and department managers.
Write a 3–4-page executive brief that address the following merger-related items:
- Recommend a relevant HR trend or practice that would be useful to consider as part of this merger. Justify your recommendation.
- Analyze HR’s primary role(s) as a strategic corporate partner in merging the workforces of the organizations.
- Recommend an HRM model that would effectively steer the joining of each organization's employees into a single, cohesive workforce. Justify your recommendation.
- Recommend two initial steps that HR should initiate to develop an effective relationship between HR and management. Justify your recommendation.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.