15 Nov Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool The purpose of this assignment is to provide the graduate nu
Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool
Johns Hopkins Nursing Non-Research Appraisal tool
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the graduate nursing student opportunity to practice reading and critiquing research articles for application to an evidence-based practice.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1)
2. Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
3. Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
4. Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of WEEK 4, 5, 6
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assi gnments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Total Points Possible: 130 points each in weeks 4, 5 & 6
Directions and Assignment Criteria
Students will critique a research article in weeks 4, 5 & 6 (3 total) as follows:
Week 4: Non-research appraisal (Links to an external site.) : Guidelines and Reviews
Each critique will require a two-three page written analysis of the article. The paper should include:
· Article topic/focus
· Aim of assignment
Critique of Article
The article critique should be a methodological review specific to type of article (for example, qualitative or quantitative) . The analysis must be two to three pages and detailed using the text and resources. The content of the review should also include:
1. Ethical review
2. Analysis of findings
5. Application (translation) to practice specialty
6. Future implications
In addition, students must complete the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool that is applicable to the type of study design (qualitative, quantitative or non-research evidence) for the week. Refer to the rubric for additional requirements.
Preparing the Assignment
Non-research appraisal: Guideline or Systematic Review
1. Select a guideline or systematic review article from the Week 4 list.
Article to use: Piercy, L. K., Troiano, P. R., & Ballard, M. R. (2018). The physical activity guidelines for Americans. JAMA, 320(19), 2020-2028.
Reference: Jacobs, A. (2016). A medical writer’s guide to meta-analysis. Medical Writing, 25(3), 22-25.
2. Write a two-three (2-3) page critique of the article in a Word Doc integrating your course readings. Be sure to include a citation for your article using APA format.
3. Complete the Johns Hopkins Non-research evidence review document.
4. Submit both through TurnItIn by Sunday 11:59pm MT of week 4
Format & Presentation Requirements
· APA Format According to 6th edition
· Word Doc per assignment requirements.
· Word Doc Format: Cover page, no abstract, introduction (no heading per APA), body of the paper/review, reference list, appendix with Johns Hopkins appraisal doc. For review sections refer to your readings and the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool.
· Article title, author, journal, publication date
· Evidence level and quality
· Analysis of the study methodology (specific to study type, e.g., qualitative versus quantitative versus non-research)
· Reference list should include the chosen article and other resources used to construct the review, such as course textbook, Johns Hopkins Evidence Based Practice: Model and Guidelines, and How to Read a Paper by Greenhalgh (2014).
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.