15 Nov Module 5 Assignment Louis Louis Module 5 Assignment Louis Louis After watching the Louis Louis video, answer the following questions. It is recommended you do
Module 5 Assignment Louis Louis
Module 5 Assignment Louis Louis
After watching the “Louis Louis” video, answer the following questions. It is recommended you down load this worksheet and print to record notes while viewing the video. Once you have formulated your final responses, you can type on this worksheet save as word document then submit.
1. When asked about what he would say to people just finding out that they have Parkinson’s disease, Louis states that he would tell them, “You got a long road. A hard road. An ugly road. But make the best of it. You need a sense of humor. Have fun.”
A. Would you agree with his advice?
B. What surprised you when viewing Louis’ experience of living with Parkinson’s disease?
C. How would you describe his “long, hard and ugly road”?
D. How did he “make the best of it”?
2. A. What three concepts associated with chronic illness/disability/palliative care were apparent in Louis’ story?
B. Think about concepts such as: Caregiver, caregiver strain, etc
3. A. Describe Louis’ greatest physical and psychosocial challenges.
B. How did he overcome or attempt to overcome these challenges?
C. What typical signs and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease did Louis exhibit?
D. What medication side effect was the family least prepared to encounter?
4. Examine adaptive/coping responses by Louis in his will to survive. Provide specific one example to support your answer
5. A. Identify two priority concerns/issues related to Louis’s diagnosis.
B. What therapeutic interventions would you suggest to address these concerns/issues?
C. What specific education would you include in Louis’ plan of care in promoting his health and the health of his family?
6. A. Identify sources of support for Louis apparent in the film.
B. Describe a scene in film that readily exemplifies his support system.
7. Bruce (son) discusses that his father only trusted immediate family, Ann and Cynthia (daughters).
A. What environmental concerns or issues would you address in working with Louis and his family during his socialization into the community and living alone?
B. What recommendations would you make to attend to these concerns or issues?
8. A. Describe Louis’ family response to his health status.
B. Discuss the family dynamics when Ann was talking to Cynthia about the responsibilities of caregiving and how angry she was with her siblings for depriving her of experiences with her own children.
9. At the end of his life, Louis whispers to his family to “let me go.” His daughter states she is not sure that they did the right thing (not putting their father on life support).
A. How would you respond to her statement?
10. A. What did you learn about yourself from viewing “Louis, Louis”?
B. How will you use your personal insight gained from Louis’ story in your professional practice?
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.