15 Nov MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2 MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2 In this assessment, you will create a PowerPoint presentatio
MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2
MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2
In this assessment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation of 12–20 slides that you could use to teach a group about a legal or ethical issue related to nursing or nursing education. To do so, you will select a case from the Nursing Education Legal and Ethical Scenarios media piece, linked in the Resources under the Capella Multimedia heading to focus on.
- Review the case and take time to reflect on the change that needs to occur and the group that you will be addressing.
- Research what the group needs to know to improve the legal or ethical situation that has occurred.
- Use a minimum of seven references, of which at least five should come from peer-reviewed sources.
As you conduct research, synthesize information that will be needed to evoke a change in the situation.
Create a 12–20 slide PowerPoint presentation that you would use to teach about the legal or ethical situation and to create change related to that situation.
Note: You must include 2–4 context slides. These are additional slides that provide contextual information for this assessment. Follow the guidelines for the two types of slides below.
For your 12–20 slide presentation:
- Choose an appropriate theme and style.
- Include an introductory slide that identifies the problem and your role.
- Use slides to convey the important information and understandings to the group.
- Provide a summary slide that reiterates the important points of the presentation.
- Provide a slide that offers resources for the group after the teaching/learning experience.
- Include a slide with any references used in preparing the PowerPoint.
- Use the speaker’s notes feature to provide any additional information that you would include in the presentation. This should include any cultural sensitivity aspects and how the content is expected to make a change regarding the issue being addressed. MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2
For the 2–4 contextual slides (which are not considered part of the actual presentation but rather should contain information that you as a presenter would need to consider in your preparation and presentation):
- Discuss any specific cultural and/or diversity aspects of the presentation that could be significant in the learning process. Include references and sources used to inform this.
- Analyze how the presentation may result in a significant change in the identified environment. Cite any relevant sources.
- Develop specific plans for how you might stay informed about the legal or ethical issue that was your focus. What resources could you use to learn about changes or developments that would impact your work?
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Presentation: Create a professional-looking PowerPoint presentation, using speaker notes throughout.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from the content.
- APA format: Use correct APA format for all citations and references.
- Length: 12–20 slides for teaching presentation plus 2–4 additional contextual slides. Be sure to include the references slide.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
The resources provided here are optional. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; however, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. The MSN-FP6103 The Nurse Educator Role Library Guide can help direct your research, and the Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.
Capella University Library Resources
- Killam, L. A., & Heerschap, C. (2013) Challenges to student learning in the clinical setting: A qualitative descriptive study. Nurse Education Today, 33(6), 684–691.
- Klocko, M. N. (2014). Academic dishonesty in schools of nursing: A literature review. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(3), 121–125.
- Pitt, V., Powis, D., Levett-Jones, T., & Hunter, S. (2012). Factors influencing nursing students’ academic and clinical performance and attrition: An integrative literature review. Nurse Education Today, 32(8), 903–913.
- Robertson, J. E. (2012). Can’t we all just get along? A primer on student incivility in nursing education. Nursing Education Perspectives, 33(1), 21–26.
Please note that links may change frequently. Permissions to use the following links have been granted, or the links have been deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication. MSN6103 Teaching About Legal and Ethical Issues 2
- Hlavac, G. C., & Easterly, E. J. (2015). FERPA primer: The basics and beyond. Retrieved from http://www.naceweb.org/public/ferpa0808.htm
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.