15 Nov NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale Assignment Preparation: (50 Points) Read the Nursing Theory notes. Re
NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale
NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale
Assignment Preparation: (50 Points)
- Read the Nursing Theory notes.
- Read Chapter 5 in Fain’s, J., Reading, understanding, and applying nursing research. Chapter 5 is titled Applying Appropriate Theories and Conceptual Models.
- Look on the web to find information on the theorists, Florence Nightingale (#69) and Virginia Henderson (#85). One available web source is http://currentnursing.com/nursing_theory/
- Refer to the How to Write a Formal Paper notes and APA book.
Instructions: Compose a formal paper of the following information/questions on the theorists: Nightingale and Henderson. Write this formal paper in APA format and include a running head, title page, and reference(s) according to APA format. This paper does not need an abstract or table of contents.
- 1. State each theory in your own words.
- 2. How does each theorist address nursing, person, environment, health, and illness?
- 3. How is each theory applicable to your practice today
- 4. Use APA and cite your reference(s). Must have at least 2 references with in-text citations and listed on the reference list. NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale
|Nursing Theory Assignment Rubric|
|State the Florence Nightingale theory in your own words:||
|State the Virginia Henderson theory in your own words:||
|Explain how Florence Nightingale addresses nursing, person, environment, health, and illness:||
|Explain how Virginia Henderson addresses nursing, person, environment, health, and illness:||
|How is each theory applicable to your practice today and explain why? 5 points each||
|APA: Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation||
|APA: Formatting, Style, and Academic Writing||
|APA: Citations and References
Must have at least 2 references with in-text citations and listed in the reference list
|Paper Length: Title page (1 page), Body of Paper (1-2 pages), Reference page (1 page).||
|Total Points: 50|
INTRODUCTION TO THEORY
As professional nurses we do not often think in terms of theory.
However, theory attempts to explain the world around us and
assists us in making needed changes. We use many non-nursing
theories, i.e. systems theory, change theory, management
theories, but in this section we will focus on nursing theories.
1. Philosophy – a set of beliefs that are acquired and interpreted throughout a lifetime of experience with reality.
2. Science – a body of testable knowledge.
3. Fact – something known with certainty, always the same under the same circumstances. NU360 Nursing Theory Henderson & Nightingale
4. Concept – general, intangible and symbolic ways of referring to reality.
5. Theory – systematically related sets of concepts that describe, explain, or predict the real world.
6. Model – a picture of reality, provides a way to visualize a theory in order to simplify thinking.
7. Paradigm – the network of science, philosophy and theory accepted by a discipline or person. The prevailing paradigm directs the activities of a discipline.
8. Metaparadigm – the most global perspective of a discipline, singles out the phenomena with a discipline deals in a unique manner, i.e. person, environment, health, illness, etc.
WHY DO WE NEED THEORIES IN NURSING?
1. Theories can interrelate concepts in such a way as to create a different way of looking at a particular phenomenon.
2. Theories can be the basis for hypotheses that can be tested.
3. Theories contribute to and assist in increasing the general body of knowledge within the discipline through the research implemented to validate them.
6. Theory supports professional autonomy by guiding practice, education and research.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.