26 Jul Part II. SHORT ANSWER [100 pts]: Answer each question with at least five complete sentences or more. 11. [20 pts] Describe what evidence exists that there was liquid water on the surface of Mars in the past and what happened to that water. 12. [20 pts]
Part II. SHORT ANSWER [100 pts]: Answer each question with at least five complete sentences or more.
11. [20 pts] Describe what evidence exists that there was liquid water on the surface of Mars in the past and what happened to that water.
12. [20 pts] Describe two major observational methods for detecting extrasolar planets indirectly? For each method explain what planetary properties can be measured from each method.
13. [20 pts] What is tidal heating? Describe what evidence exists that there is tidal heating on Europa and discuss the type of habitable conditions that would be present if life did exist on this moon.
14. [20 pts] A common theme in science fiction is "leaving home" to find a new planet for humans to live on. Now that we know about thousands of exoplanets, we can start imagining how to choose one. Describe the characteristics that we would look for in a planetary system that would make for a good home for humans. [Hint: think about life's prerequisites and planetary system properties.]
15. [20 pts] Make your own estimate of the Drake Equation. Please explain your reasoning about the values selected for each of the variables of the Drake Equation. Does your estimate of N match your view of the probability of Life and Civilizations in the Universe? Why or why not?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.