10 Sep Salinas Corporation has net income of $15 million per year on net sales of $90 million per year. It currently has no long-term deb
Submit your answer to each of the problems and show the calculations you used to arrive at the answer. You must show calculations to receive credit.
- Salinas Corporation has net income of $15 million per year on net sales of $90 million per year. It currently has no long-term debt but is considering a debt issue of $20 million. The interest rate on the debt would be 7%. Salinas currently faces an effective tax rate of 40%. What would be the annual interest tax shield to Salinas if it goes through with the debt issuance?
- Carbon8 Corporation wants to raise $120 million in a seasoned equity offering, net of all fees. Carbon8 stock currently sells for $28.00 per share. The underwriters will require a fee of $1.25 per share, and indicate that the issue must be underpriced by 7.5%. In addition to the underwriter’s fee, the firm will incur $785,000 in legal, administrative, and other costs. How many shares must Carbon8 sell in order to raise the desired amount of capital?
- FM Foods is evaluating its cost of capital. Use the following information provided on December 31, 2017, to estimate FM’s after-tax cost of equity capital.
- Yield to maturity on long-term government bonds: 4.4%
- Yield to maturity on company long-term bonds: 6.3%
- Coupon rate on company long-term bonds: 7%
- Historical excess return on common stocks: 6.5%
- Company equity beta: 1.20
- Stock price: $40.00
- Number of shares outstanding (millions): 240
- Book value of equity (millions): $5,240
- Book value of interest-bearing debt (millions): $1,250
- Tax rate: 35.0%
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.