10 Sep Selling, general, and administrative expenses: 10% of sales Tax rate: 35% Assume a WACC of 10%. Should the coffee packaging pr
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas. (6-12 slides, 150-200 words speaker notes)
Apix is considering coffee packaging as an additional diversification to its product line. Here’s information regarding the coffee packaging project:
- Initial investment outlay of $40 million, consisting of $35 million for equipment and $5 million for net working capital (NWC) (plastic substrate and ink inventory); NWC recoverable in terminal year
- Project and equipment life: 5 years
- Sales: $27 million per year for five years
- Assume gross margin of 50% (exclusive of depreciation)
- Depreciation: Straight-line for tax purposes
- Selling, general, and administrative expenses: 10% of sales
- Tax rate: 35%
Assume a WACC of 10%.
Should the coffee packaging project be accepted? Why or why not? Compute the project’s IRR and NPV.
In addition, answer the following questions:
- Do you believe that there was sufficient financial information to make a solid decision on what to do?
- Was there further financial information that you required that was not provided to you?
- What financial figure do you believe was the determinant to your decision and why?
- How would you be able to apply this particular financial information to other situations?
- Discuss risk methodologies used in capital budgeting.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.