10 Sep The Electoral College is an outdated method of deciding elections. The Electoral College is a necessary part of the election proce
Use the video link above to answer the questions below 100 words in MLA format. please follow all steps
Overview: Integrating evidence into academic writing is a skill central to success in college. Integrating evidence requires the statement of a claim, information from a scholarly source to support this claim, and an explanation of how the claim and evidence are connected. This exercise is a practice of integrating evidence. When you respond to your classmate, comment on how they relate claims and evidence.
- 1. MAKE A CLAIM. State your opinion on a current topic. This should be 1 to 2 sentences. Examples of claims are below:
- The Electoral College is an outdated method of deciding elections.
- The Electoral College is a necessary part of the election process as it aids in ensuring all have an equal voice.
- Education in Oklahoma is falling behind because teachers are underpaid.
- Education in Oklahoma is strong because of the growth of charter schools.
- Playing video games improves eyesight and reflexes.
- Playing video games can lead to violence in children.
- Social media helps people stay more connected to their friends and family.
- Social media leads to depression as everyone only depicts their best self.
- 2. INTEGRATE EVIDENCE. Use EBSCO Host from the OCCC Library website to find a scholarly source that supports your claim. In 2 to 3 sentences, paraphrase or summarize the information contained in this source. Be sure to cite the sentences using the author and, if appropriate, page number per MLA conventions. You will also include the full citation for the source at the end of the discussion post.
Citations within the writing allow the reader to know when you are drawing on the work of others. The full citation at the end of the writing allows the reader the information required to find the source and read it should they wish to do so.
For this activity, you are practicing paraphrasing. Paraphrasing is a summary of another work written in your own words. While the use of quotes from other works is necessary at times, it is often preferred that writers paraphrase the work of others more often than quoting. Paraphrasing allows the reader to hear your interpretation of the source, rather than only directly from another author. Example (a follow-up to the final claim in the list above):
- Research on depression found that those who engage in activity on social media for at least 2 hours each day have a higher likelihood of experiencing feelings of sadness. Further, the study findings indicate that Instagram users were less likely than Twitter users to experience depression (Burke 39).
- 3. CONNECT OR ANALYZE. Write 2 to 3 sentences that explain how the information contained in the source connects to the claim. This is an opportunity to provide a deeper analysis of the issue. Example:
- While the use of social media is a convenient way to maintain contact with friends and family, there can also be drawbacks. Depression is a real issue with clear connections to social media use. This research explains that limiting social media use may reduce symptoms of depression.
- 4. REFLECT. In 3 to 4 sentences, reflect on this exercise. What part was the most challenging? Is integrating evidence new to you? What other information or instruction would you like to receive to help you continue to improve your evidence integration skills?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.