09 Sep What is Your Ecoregion?Ecoregions are large ecosystems that have a distinctive geography, share common organisms, and have the sam
What is Your Ecoregion?
Ecoregions are large ecosystems that have a distinctive geography, share common organisms, and have the same climate. The United States Geological Survey has classified the United States into four different levels of ecoregion, from the most broad-brush (Level I) to highly specific and detailed (Level IV). For the purpose of this project, we will be looking up our Level III bioregions, using Level III Ecoregions of the Continental United States map to locate and identify your bioregion, and the Primary Distinguishing Characteristics of Level III Ecoregions of the Continental United States resource to obtain a brief description of your bioregion's characteristics. Finally, to get a more detailed picture of your bioregion, use Google to search "[your bioregion's name] bioregion" which will reveal a considerable amount of information about both the characteristics of your bioregion and the issues threatening it, and answer these questions:
75. SOUTHERN COASTAL PLAIN
The Southern Coastal Plain consists of mostly flat plains with numerous swamps, marshes and lakes. This ecoregion is warmer, more heterogeneous, and has a longer growing season and coarser textured soils than the Middle Atlantic Coastal Plain. Once covered by a forest of beech, sweetgum, southern magnolia, slash pine, loblolly pine, white oak, and laurel oak, land cover in the region is now mostly longleaf-slash pine forest, oak-gum-cypress forest in some low lying areas, pasture for beef cattle, and urban development
- What is the name of your Level III bioregion?
- What are the geographic characteristics of your bioregion?
- What is the climate like in your bioregion?
- What are some of the plants and animals that inhabit your bioregion?
- What are some of the threats to your bioregion? If there are several threats, rank them by severity and explain your ranking. For instance, your bioregion may be heavily logged as the greatest threat, but also threatened by urban development in two cities in one part of the bioregion.
- What stands out to you about your bioregion? What might motivate others to care about it and want to protect it from further harm?
No APA Format
Citations and references required
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.