29 Jul Which philosophical approach(es) discussed in the Ornstein reading from HW1 best reflects Kliewer, Biklen, and Petersons thin
(1) Which philosophical approach(es) discussed in the Ornstein reading from HW1 best reflects Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson’s thinking about education? Explain
(2) Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson are proposing a theory of human connectedness and the presumption of competence in bringing us to the end of intellectual disability that has been perpetuated by the traditional deficit model in the education of students with special needs. What do Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson mean by each: (a) a theory of human connectedness in which intellectual competence is constructed through social action and interaction; and (b) the presumption of competence. Provide examples from their writing to support your thinking.
(3) In what ways do each of the three videos, Autism is a World, Jake, and Graduating Peter, support the importance of both the need for human connectedness and the presumption of competence in the education of individuals with special needs? (Be sure to discuss human connectedness and the presumption of competence with respect to each video.) How does the theory of connectedness and presumption of competence benefit the education of all students?
(4) What is Nunley’s main point about the “Good Old Days” with respect to education in high schools and differentiation? Refer to at least three examples she uses in support of her main point for “Obstacle 1: I Long to Return to the Good Old Days. Why does Nunley say, “We must start to see that the good old days are now” (p. 9)?
(5) For each of the following obstacles, what suggestions does Nunley make for overcoming teachers’ concern of that obstacle, particularly with a focus on secondary school teachers? For each obstacle, draw on one of Nunley’ suggestions to provide a specific example for differentiating a specific content topic/lesson within a curriculum subject of instruction (be specific with respect to the content examples).
- Obstacle 4: I Don’t Know How
- Obstacle 8: I though Differentiated Instruction was for Elementary Schools
(6) How does the work of Kliewer, Biklen, and Peterson relate to the work of Nunley? How do these works relate to your own thinking about education?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.