15 Sep Why is note taking an essential learning skill for college students? How can you use your notes to improve your academic p
Taking good notes while reading and during class is an important part of academic success in college. Effective notes can come in various forms, and different note-taking formats should be adopted for different types of texts and subjects. The goal of this assignment is to help you identify a note-taking system that works best for you based on your reading material and the course content.
Step 1: Start with an introduction (7-10 sentences) addressing these questions:
- Why is note taking an essential learning skill for college students?
- How can you use your notes to improve your academic performance?
- Which note-taking format did you choose to complete this assignment? Why? How does this format match with your learning style(s) (i.e., VARK – Visual, Aural, Read/write, and Kinesthetic)?
Step 2: Choose a chapter (EXCEPT Chapter 2) and section (minimum of 5-10 pages) from the EDUC 1300 textbook for note taking. Then, decide which note-taking format you will use. Choose only 1 of the 6 options below to create 2-3 pages of notes:
- Cornell method (http://comprehensionhart.weebly.com/cornell-notes.html (Links to an external site.))
- Outline method (https://msliewsclass.weebly.com/outline-method.html (Links to an external site.))
- List method (Click HERE Actionsfor details)
- Audio notes [Click HERE to learn how to create your notes. Click HERE (Links to an external site.) to watch a video showing how to record, upload, and submit media recordings in Canvas. You can also record your audio notes by using cell phones (Click HERE (Links to an external site.)), audio recording devices, Microsoft OneNote, etc.]
- Mapping method (http://club.noteshelf.net/mind-maps-for-note-taking-verbal-to-visual-approach (Links to an external site.)) [Click HEREActions to see a student example of mapping].
- Vision board notes (Click HERE (Links to an external site.) to watch the video showing how to create a vision board)
Step 3: Then, specify the title of your selected chapter and produce 2-3 pages of notes on a minimum of 5-10 textbook pages (Except Chapter 2). Do NOT write or record verbatim notes. If you decide to take written notes, do NOT simply copy and paste the phrases/sentences from the textbook straight into a document. If you decide to take audio notes, do NOT just read aloud the information from the chapter word for word. Instead, take written/audio notes COMPLETELY in your own words. Paraphrase and summarize the major ideas and supporting details of the chapter to demonstrate your understanding of the material.
If you decide to create vision board notes, you are required to record yourself presenting the vision board and explaining the notes in a detailed manner.
The set of notes created should be thorough, covering all major ideas and the supporting details of the chapter. Your written notes may be neatly handwritten or typed. If you would like to use another textbook to complete this assignment, prior approval from your instructor should be obtained. Grading is based on how detailed, comprehensive, and well-organized your notes are.
Step 4: Submit your work via the yellow "Start Assignment" button at the top right-hand corner. If you choose to create audio notes, you can have the option to record your introduction by verbally addressing the questions specified in Step 1. Then, mention the chapter title and continue to record your audio notes as specified in Step 3.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.