09 Sep Write an analysis of the play that you viewed. Include at least one quote from the play in your essay. In your essay, address the
Week 4 Assignment: Essay – Play Analysis
Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8
- Play from the Internet, YouTube, DVD, iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, etc.
- 1 primary source (written version of selected play)
InstructionsPlays are meant to be performed, rather than read. The purpose of dramatic arts often extends far beyond the words written on a page; staging, lighting, costumes intonation, expression, and audience experience are all part of the experience of a theatrical production. To develop your understanding of the cultural role of the dramatic arts, you will view a production of a play this week and write a reflection to explain your viewing experience. Choose a play that you would like to view and find a version online, YouTube, DVD or iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, etc. You can also choose to see a play live if you prefer.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Romeo and Juliet
- As You Like It
- Taming of the Shrew
- The Tempest
- Much Ado About Nothing
- The Comedy of Errors
- King Lear
Select and address one of the following options:
Option 1: Write an analysis of the play that you viewed. Include at least one quote from the play in your essay. In your essay, address the following:
- Identify the performance that you have selected.
- Describe the staging, lighting, costumes, and characters of the performance. How do these match or revise the written version of the play? You do not need to read the entire play, but you should skim the text.
- What type of mood and tone does the performance create? How?
- What parts of the play are easier to understand through performance? What are some details that stood out through performance?
- What are your feelings about this performance? What did you take away from viewing it?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 source)
GradingThis activity will be graded based on the W4 Essay Grading Rubric.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.